ASRA - Australian Sport Rotorcraft Association Forums
April 22, 2014, 18:41:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Some forums are not available unless you are logged in.
ASRA members only section
PROMOTION of "Gyroplanes Brands & Products"

All Registrations processed MANUALLY, if NO notification within 7 days, then it has been deleted.
Mistakes happen with registrations and legitimate ones sometimes get deleted sorry in advance.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2009 Nationals.  (Read 2768 times)
Murray Barker
ASRA Board

« on: July 19, 2008, 16:01:08 PM »

Hello All,
Greg Mitchell has gone to great lengths to secure a discount on vehicle travel too and from Tasmania for the proposed ASRA nationals 2009.

The Board has already voted in favour of holding a flyin/nationals at Narromine if anything else is not forthcoming.

Its now up to individual members to show whether Tasmania is a viable venue by expressing their interest in attending.

As Greg has indicated it would be a good opportunity for a holiday as well as attending the 4days of the Nationals, and the discount available to ASRA members is not likely to be repeated.

Soooooooooooo, are you going to show up? a simple yes no will suffice.

Murray Barker,
Prez.

yoshi

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 17:15:16 PM »

Hi All

I think Mitch has done a fantastic job in securing a really good deal for the Tassie trip, however considering the board had already given the green light for WA to hold the 2010 nationals I feel by having two nationals that require members to travel such great distances and invest so much time we run the risk of niether being overly well supported. Just food for thought.

Regards
Darren
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 20:01:40 PM by yoshi » Logged

I hope I die peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers
Mark Horan
Mr

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 19:59:34 PM »

Having never much problem navigating my way to the map of Tassie in my younger days, I shouldnt see much problem in getting there now.

But really, Tassie is a great place to visit and seeing it from the air would be Fantastic!
The wife and grubs are even keen to go, so providing I dont wreck the current Machine, I would be there with bells on!

Mark.

They are the Government of the people, We are not the people of the Government
greg mitchell

Butterfly Gyroplanes are Center Line Thrust

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 01:22:43 AM »

I'll be there and so will Bill Hills with our gyros.
Spoke to a Mate today and we counted 7-8 gyros so far and that's not including Mark, who it seems still has a good nose for seeking out the right 'patch'.  Grin So 8-9.
Haven't spoken to Sam but last I heard he might have been a possible.
Would have thought we might get a few more out of NSW and Vic.
15 gyros looks possible..

Come for a week or two. Wink

Mitch.

Distributors of Butterfly Kit Gyroplanes

email: rocksfly@gmail.com
0419 254851
greg mitchell

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 12:32:08 PM »

Yesterday I spoke with Murray Barker ASRA President and the general feeling I got was that there seems to be little interest throughout the membership to travel long distances to get to a ASRA Nationals Event.

I would agree in principle that the high cost of transportation now and in the future is likely to see dramatically reduced numbers of members attending said events. Of course some may plan a 'holiday' and incorporate the ASRA Nats....

The discussion as to where the next Nationals will be held was voted on by the board and they chose Naromine, where the ultralight fixed wingers have their get together every year. They did this because they thought they had no other options. I heard initially it had gone to some mob in NSW, then that didn't happen, the Board were stuck for a venue.

Well there is another option on the table....Tassy!

I privately approached the owner of the Clarence Point Lodge and he has everything we need there. And there are NO.. BIG AIRPORT or CITY RULES to get shy about!  You can use it as a base for you holiday and leave your gyro there or trailer it down south and fly some more. I am in the North and Bill Hills is down South.

The Board generally accepts a bid based on the bidders being able to provide all that is generally required of such an event....NOT based on how many people they think might turn up...
Having said that in this instance TT Lines would be requiring at least 10 aircraft at min to give the discounted rates.  If we have 10...this event can go ahead as far as TT lines are concerned, though I would not be certain of what the board are thinking.
What I am saying here, is this.
If the board decide on Nat Fly that's fine. That's their business. I am still prepared to hold this Easter Weekend Flyin at the Lodge, here in Tassy BUT the discounted rates will only apply if we can get 10 gyros on the ferry.

A towed caravan of the same length as towed gyro is on average $100 less.   

If you do not indicate your intention to likely attend and we are unable to suggest approx numbers to TT Lines,  then this option will be off the table by 2.00 pm Friday 1st August, 2008.

Having said that Bill and I will be flying out of the Lodge over the Easter weekend, 2008. 

Hope to see some of you next Easter on the 'Patch'.

Mitch.

0419 254851
greg mitchell

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2008, 09:01:25 AM »

I'd like to thank all those who showed an interest in attending a ASRA Nats in Tassie.

Unfortunately, one person (Mark Horan) and the board does not make for a very large flyin.

I will be ringing the Director of Sales/Res Dept of the TT Lines this morning to cancel the program.

Certainly hope you enjoy whatever it is you decide to do for next Easter and beyond...

A Mate rang last night wanting to know what was happening with his ASRA magazine......
I said I dont think ASRA have an editor, so no club driven Nationals and no Magazine.....
 Sad Sad

0419 254851
hatrack

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 10:38:59 AM »

Thanks for your effort anyway mate.
rotor

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2008, 13:32:09 PM »

That's bad news for Tassy mate ...

There I was thinking you had a good chance of pulling it off too  Sad

I'd have also thought Western Australia was more inaccessible what with the long drive over the Nullabor and the high cost of fuel .... that's going to cost a pretty penny for those wishing to travel across - has anyone done a check to see approx how much for a standard car towing a trailer?

Oh well .... guess I'll just have to fly the beast to Narromine next year 

rotor

greg mitchell

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2008, 18:53:54 PM »

Hey Rotor,

You fly on down here Mate, we are still having our own local flyin.

What's going to happen to the CHAMPIONSHIPS Now!

There cant be any trophies for competitions and no National Champ. What do we just drop the 2009 off the main trophy?

Fact is Geoff, I did not call TT Lines today, I thought since we've got the weekend ahead of us with a possible board member having resigned, I'd leave it till; the dust settles on Monday or Tuesday.

Personally I'm still in favour of having the ASRA National Championships here. We have the facilities and no one else wants it.....not even that bunch who hold their own 'Nat's every year, on some blokes property out the back of NSW. Angry Why dont they put their hand up. That's not really a question. Roll Eyes I believe I know why.  Grin

If we cant get gyro nuts to support any Nationals, then Narromine is where I'll be from 2010 onwards,
with a Monarch doing MLS takeoffs and GFLG dropins...........and making SALES Wink

Fly Safe.

Mitch

0419 254851
Russ

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2008, 09:24:49 AM »

Mitch............if me new machine is up and running, me and lucy will be there........guaranteed.

[ have heard some goss, others are also planning to come ]  Grin

If we drop "our" dedicated Nationals...........then bit by bit we will erode, find our group insignificant.

Flyin about / yackin / campfire / couple of ales............that's gyros

The Narromine thing does have benefits tho, puts gyros in the face of a few thousand folks perhaps.

Thanks for the efforts you have put in..............

We  are growing old just nicely, especially her.
greg mitchell

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2008, 10:37:53 AM »

G'Day Russ,

Good!

Russ C,  Allan W,  Alan M(2),  Sam L(?),  Paul C(?),  Mark H, plus the other 4 from the www.rotorcraft.com.au

That would be 11 gyros and all we need to engage the TT Lines discount.

Once the decision is made to Go Tasmania!, then these numbers will grow and possibly double.

TUESDAY IS NOW THE DEADLINE FOR NOMINATING INTEREST.......

PLEASE INDICATE YOUR INTEREST BY POSTING ASAP.

0419 254851
greg mitchell

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2008, 10:39:07 AM »

IF YOU DONT WANT TO POST.

RING ME ON

03 63834908

This weekend.

0419 254851
greg mitchell

« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2008, 00:12:54 AM »

Had a call from a Board Member yesterday. Said he would get back to me asap. He was keen to see Tassie go ahead.  Another Member called and advised he was working towards attending.  Further emails indicating likelyhood of attending.

At this time I am waiting to hear back from the Board.

Mitch.

0419 254851
Mark Horan
Mr

« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2008, 22:31:48 PM »

good luck Mitch and thanks for the effort.

mark.

They are the Government of the people, We are not the people of the Government
Dewie

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2008, 18:36:43 PM »

Good luck Mitch     Smiley  Smiley  Smiley

Dewie
Teesdale Vic.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: